Halloween VO Effect Tutorial: How to create an evil-witch sound
It’s Halloween season! Am I the only one sensing some witchy vibes? Just in time we’re back with another quick Halloween tutorial. Ready to get spooked out?
1. Drop the audio file into an empty track of your editing program.
2. Dial in some reverb through your reverb bus.
3. Duplicate your first track and create a second layer where you shift the sample’s frequency (MFreqShift). Feel free to use any plugin giving you the same options. On top of that, i move the audio sample a bit to the right, so that both files play at slightly different times, creating more space and emphasizing the effect.
4. Create a third layer and pitch it down 6 semitones. In this case, i move the audio sample a bit to the left, so that it starts just before my first layer.
5. Spice your first layer up with some Lo-Fi. This is optional, but check out the differences when bypassing the effect.
6. Adjust the volumes of the individual layers until you get a pleasing result.
That’s it, we’re done! I hope you enjoy recreating this effect, as i hope to be back soon for another quick Halloween VO effect tutorial.